Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Dating Game

I am so confused/frustrated/exasperated/tired/pissed off, every word that is synonymous with hating something so much that it makes you want to rip your hair out. That, for me, is this whole dating game bull shit. The way the game is supposed to be played:
  • I like you but I can't/won't tell you that I like you because if you know I like you then you won't like me.
  • I can't call you for 3 days because I have to make you think I don't like you.
  • I can't text you before you text me.
  • I can't invite you anywhere or ask you to do things too much because then I seem needy.
  • Calling you makes me seem clingy.
  • If I act like I don't care that makes you want me more.
  • If I talk to other guys in front of you that makes you want me more.
The way I play the game:
  • I like you. Lets hang out.
  • I'll text you when I want too.
  • I'll invite you to things because I want to see you.
  • I don't want to talk to other guys because I like you.
  • I text you because I want you to know I'm thinking about you.
Is the way I play so wrong? I don't have time for this whole "Cat and Mouse" game. Why can't it be okay for me to be proactive? From my experience, if I'm not proactive then I sit here with my thumb up my butt and nothing happens because I'm "intimidating". Don't get me wrong. I'd love to be pursued and I think it's really exciting when it happens. But, if I want something I'm not afraid to go for it. Don't guys find that sexy? According to my brothers and dad, no. They all say "play the ice queen and leave him be" and for me not to invite the guys places and blah blah blah.

What's a forward gal to do?

-Holler. Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment