Moving head-on into the third month of living in the city and I LOVE IT! I love the noise, the dirt, the lack of space, EVERYTHING. So you can suck it, Small Town. This gal is movin' on to bigger and brighter things with her best friend, Sean.
I graduated in May '09 and still looking for my dream job (thanks Recession). I'm not really sure if Baltimore is going to supply that for me but I'm always willing to change. I have a couple and I'm working my ass off to get there but who knows? I sure don't.
I'm still learning a lot about who I am as a person, a woman, a friend, and a daughter. Here's what I'm up against:
- Parents are divorced. So that gives me an AWESOME outlook on marriage.
- Two younger brothers and a very honest Dad. Did I mention we're Italian?
- My godfather is a retired police officer.
- My mother is a hopeless romantic and I'm a realist. Yea. Those conversations are fun.
- Did I mention my mother is still unmarried?
- First "for real" boyfriend was an alcoholic and was the emotional equivalent of Mt. Vesuvius.
- I have huge boobs. I hate them. All I ever seem to date are boob guys.
- I act like "the man" in relationships. Calling someone out for crying, Tom Hanks style? Oh yea. I've done it.
Next we had The Fireman who had a thing for me for four years and I didn't realize it until later. A "friend" later ruined that relationship but it was on the outs anyway. We're both passionate people so that works for something and not so much in others.
Then there was Casanova. I didn't date him but but I handed over the V card to him because he was a popular guy when we were in high school (plus he was really hot). He is now a semi-famous musician and I know the truth about how big his penis is. When I tell this story my pinky finger is used for measurement. Yes, it is to scale.
Soon after that I met The Ex. I was introduced to him by a friend and he swept me off my feet. I had never had someone look at me the way he did or treat me the way he did. It was very rocky and we fought way too much. He had a plethora of family problems and I felt that I could help him. So I stuck it out and put up with with things that I shouldn't have.
Then came time to transfer to a college outside of Small Town. The Ex wasn't happy with me leaving and basically backed me into a corner about moving in with me. Again, I felt I was helping him so I gave in. He lived with me for two years without my parents knowing and that really put a stress on things. During this time I wasn't going out, making new friends, normal things a college kid would do. It got to a point that I couldn't take it anymore and I broke up with him a week after we signed the new lease for our apartment. Not only did I break up with him, I also had to send him back home where all of his issues originated. That is one of hardest things I've ever had to do.
June 14, 2008. My Single-Again date. Since this date I have embarked on a dating journey that could add another season to the Sex in the City anthology. This is where you come in. I tell you my story; you tell me what you think.
Lovingly, Ray.
No comments:
Post a Comment