Friday, July 24, 2009

The Marine

Oh boy. This is going to be interesting. I've had my first date with The Marine and so far he seems pretty awesome. He is a ton more mellow than I thought he would be, being a Marine and all. I mean, you know what I'm talking about. Most military guys are raging douche bags who think that they're better than everyone else and that women are just walking vaginas. This marine, not so much.

We met for lunch last Sunday at my favorite restaurant in Small Town and talked for about 3 hours. Of course, there was eating intermingled with the talking but we talked for the better part of the meal. No awkward pauses, smart, witty, gets my humor, GORGEOUS, polite, pretty much everything that a girl could ask for on a first date. Only one "hang up"; he is divorced and has a little girl.

Now I really don't have a problem with this but it made my brain have a hiccup for a second. His daughter is absolutely beautiful and I'm sure she's really sweet, it just makes me a little nervous since I've never had to deal with an ex-wife and a daughter before. But I come from a divorced family and my step-mom had to deal with 3 kids and an ex-wife so that gives me a bit of an idea of how to approach the situation. Plus I'm not one to shy away from a challenge so I'll be okay.

After lunch we met up with his friends for a bit then went to see a movie which was TERRIBLE! (HEED MY WARNING: DO NOT SEE PUBLIC ENEMIES!) And the theater was absolutely frigid but that did lead to him putting his arms around me to keep me warm. I've never been so content with being freezing cold in my life.

The night ended with a very nice, sweet kiss and my parents thinking I was kidnapped. So that was awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again. I'm definitely intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment