Saturday was an odd evening. I ended up going back to Small Town for the weekend because of a class that I had to take. So I decided to call up Jamie* and let her know I was going to be home. I hadn't on planning on going out that evening but boy am I glad that I did.
We decided to go to a local seaside bar which I was kind of apprehensive about since that would surely be a high school reunion. I don't talk to many people that still live in Small Town, and there is a reason for that. So when we walked out to the beach bar, it was exactly that. Jamie and I made the best of it and started to dance by the band when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see a guy covered in tattoos and piercings who looks mildly familiar.
Tattoos: Hey Ray. Do you remember me?
Ray: Ugh...Kind of?
Tattoos: I'm [Elementary Creeper]
It turns out that he was my best friend that I had when I was in kindegarten to 3rd grade when he moved away. So we started talking and he informs me that he has two little girls and works on rental cars. He's a winner right? He started creeping me out then so I politely ended conversation and moved on. Then another guy, who I have maybe talked to five times in my entire life, came up to me and started talking to me like we were old buddies. He offered to buy me a drink, I declined, but apparently he took it as a yes because he promptly returned with a vodka and cranberry. I know what you're thinking and I didn't refuse it but I did let Jamie know that if I started falling asleep that she needed to remove me immediately as I had been ruffied.
As the evening wore on, Elementary Creeper kept popping up at random times. Jamie and I were taking a picture and out of nowhere he goes "Hey ladies. Would you like me to take it?" Then he'd walk by and poke me or grab my arm. So Jamie and I reverted back to high school and started running away and hiding. Pretty adult, huh? Then we decide to hang out with Steve*, the guy that Jamie's dating, and all of his friends who were single. JACKPOT! Did I mention they're all marines and 25 and under? Like I said; jackpot.
Me and one of the friends hit it off, so I am now introducing The Marine. We have a great conversation and things are going well when I turn around and see The Best Friend. I excuse myself and go say hi to him. HUGE MISTAKE. After I return back to The Marine, The Best Friend comes over to me and starts monopolizing my attention. I don't want to be rude and be like "umm you're cockblocking" so I indulge him. Then he drops the bomb, "Wanna come home with me?" I could not believe it. Not only did I have one creeper who would have loved for me to come home with him and reminisce about the old days (among other things), or another one who was trying to throw drinks at me, but another one who is the best friend of The Ex who wants to take me home. THIS NEVER HAPPENS! Was there a full moon on Saturday?
I politely declined The Best Friend but he kept insisting as I kept refusing. I kept giving The Marine "I'm sorry" looks because I really did feel bad that I was not talking to him. But, amazingly, he just waited patiently. The Best Friend finally got the hint (or so I thought) and walked away, at which I promptly ran over to The Marine and apologized profusely for my rudeness. He assured me not to worry and said "It's okay. I can be patient". Swoon.
We continued our conversation and he asked for my number and then The Best Friend called my name. I excused myself again and asked what he wanted. He asked me AGAIN to go home with him and this time I was a bit rude with my response. I couldn't believe he was doing this! So this time I just walked away after saying no. I had been cockblocked the entire night and refused to have it done anymore. I made the right choice because The Marine asked me to lunch the following day.
Hopefully there will be more to come! - Ray
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment