Thursday, July 30, 2009

A little cooking warms the heart

Just saw Julie and Julia and my heart is overwhelmed with love, cooking and the desire for a love like "Julie" and her sweet husband. So there's my dream life. Well, minus the part where she hates her full time job and needs mental relief. Just the cooking and loving part. And not maybe not the same cookbook due to my shellfish allergy and preference for veggies, rather than red meat. But using my Vegetarian or Chicken cookbook to make someone else happy. And a wife, rather than a husband, to cheer me on, sass me when I'm being uncooperative and leave until things settle down and I realize I can't live without her.
I show my love through food: I pour my heart into each meal and put extra effort into meals I make for the people I love. Hours are spent shopping for the ingredients, prepping and cooking these ellaborate meals eaten in only twenty minutes. But I love it: their faces when they take the first bite, their eyes lighting up and closing as they chew, their adventurous nature in trying vegetables they "never eat!"

My dream woman will try anything once. She will smile through meals she may not be excited about but purely because she sees my excitement in making them. She will get up at 8 am on a Saturday morning just for breakfast with me and stay up until 1 am while I cook my late-night snack.

Where are you Miss Right? I'm waiting to make you dinner...and maybe breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment